Finish Care and Maintenance for your Trim By Design Product.
All our products are manufactured from the finest material available, and is created to work in harmony with today’s sophisticated interiors. To maintain the quality finish on these items, please:
- Use only non-silicone caulking adhesive or plumbers putty for installation. Silicone caulking may decay the brass material. Plumbers putty may decay plastic components. The use of Blue RTV Silicone during installation will cause damage to your product and void the product warranty.
- Always test your cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area before applying to the entire surface.
- Refrain from using any industrial or abrasive cleaners, bleach based cleaners, rubbing alcohol, ammonia, detergents, brass or silver polish which will scratch the surface.
- Do not use tarnish or rust removers containing hydrofluoric, hydrochloric and/or phosphoric acids and caustic agents
- Avoid allowing soap scum or minerals in water to build up on the surface finish of your product (including toothpaste). These will gradually wear away the protective coating or finish and diminish the beauty of your products. Rinse and wipe product after cleaning to prevent soap scum build up.
- Clean with a soft, dampened sponge or cloth.
- Trim By Design recommends the use of finish protecting products such as “Flitz Faucet Wax” or “Faucet-Brite”.
- Never use abrasive materials such as a brush, Scotch-Brite or scouring pad to clean your finished product.